(RADIATOR) SQL Server Connection Handling

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Sep 5 18:46:57 CDT 2002

Hello Dan, Hello Everyone -

I can see that many people struggle with MSSQL connectivity, so I just
thought I would mention an alternative approach that is *much* simpler
to implement, which is to install an instance of Radiator on the MSSQL
box. This Radiator instance would receive proxied radius requests from
your main installation and simply do a local ODBC connection to the
database.

As a general rule, proxying radius requests is very much easier than
trying to set up inter-platform SQL connectivity.

This may not work for everyone, but keep it in mind.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au