(RADIATOR) Radius config download

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sat Oct 26 02:03:36 CDT 2002

Hello Hylke -

In my travels, I have only seen this in Ascend and Cisco (there may be
others of course).

Given that the majority of NAS equipement out there is supplied by
these two, it seems to me that this alone should be reason enough for
some other supplier to be "compatible".

On Friday, October 25, 2002, at 09:40 PM, h.zuidema at kpn.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is more a question about client Radius implementations rather than
> Radiator.
>
> In our networks we use the Radius protocol (and Radiator of course!)
> also to
> download config commands into our NAS equipment (Ascend/Lucent and
> Cisco).
> This works very well in our environment. We now try to convince a new
> supplier that it is indeed common practise to support this.
>
> So my question to you all is: is support of config command download via
> Radius limited to Ascend/Lucent and Cisco or are there other suppliers
> that
> support this as well?
>
> Cheers, Hylke Zuidema
> KPN The Netherlands

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au