(RADIATOR) Acct-Session-Id Error

Doug Clements dsclements at linkline.com
Thu Oct 24 06:42:26 CDT 2002

Greetings. I'm getting the following error in my radius log:

Thu Oct 24 11:21:38 2002: ERR: There is no value named Á-#×ز for
attribute Acct-Session-Id. Using 0.

Thu Oct 24 11:23:13 2002: ERR: There is no value named Á-#×Ôo for
attribute Acct-Session-Id. Using 0.
Thu Oct 24 11:23:21 2002: ERR: There is no value named Á-#×× for
attribute Acct-Session-Id. Using 0.
Thu Oct 24 11:23:24 2002: ERR: There is no value named Á-#×ص for
attribute Acct-Session-Id. Using 0.
Thu Oct 24 11:23:26 2002: ERR: There is no value named Á-#××i for
attribute Acct-Session-Id. Using 0.

The value changes each time, so I think maybe the problem might just be
that our NAS is thinking Acct-Session-Id is of a different type than
what Radiator is expecting.

The NAS is a CVX 600. I'm running Radiator-3.3.

Here is what I believe to be the most relevant configuration snippet:

<AuthBy EMERALD>
         Identifier      SimpleSQLAuth
         DBSource        dbi:Sybase:xxxxx
         DBUsername      xxxxx
         DBAuth          xxxxx

         # use the LoginLimit from the emerald database
         #AuthSelect ,sa.LoginLimit
         #AuthColumnDef 0,Simultaneous-Use,check

        AccountingTable Calls
        AcctColumnDef   UserName,User-Name
        AcctColumnDef   CallDate,Timestamp,integer-date
        AcctColumnDef   AcctStatusType,Acct-Status-Type,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctDelayTime,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctInputOctets,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctOutputOctets,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
        #AcctColumnDef   AcctSessionId,Acct-Session-Id,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctSessionTime,Acct-Session-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctTerminateCause,Acct-Terminate-Cause,integer
        AcctColumnDef   FramedAddress,Framed-IP-Address
        AcctColumnDef   FramedProtocol,Framed-Protocol,integer
        AcctColumnDef   NASIdentifier,NAS-Identifier
        AcctColumnDef   NASIdentifier,NAS-IP-Address
        AcctColumnDef   NASPort,NAS-Port,integer
</AuthBy>

# Check the Platypus database for everyone who has nowhere else to go
<Realm DEFAULT>
         # remove everything after the @, including the @
         RewriteUsername      s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
         PasswordLogFileName    %L/password.log
         AuthBy SimpleSQLAuth
#       AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
#       AuthBy Acct-only-Database
#       AuthBy Auth-only-Database
</Realm>

We have many more Realms, but they are all in the same format as this
(and we log to a local database, but proxy radius to customers):

<Realm xxxxxx.com>
        PasswordLogFileName    %L/password.log
         AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
         AuthBy Acct-only-Database
         AuthBy xxxxxRadius
</Realm>

<AuthBy EMERALD>
         Identifier      Acct-only-Database
         AuthSelect
         DBSource        dbi:Sybase:xxxx
         DBUsername      xxxxx
         DBAuth          xxxxx

        AccountingTable Calls
        AcctColumnDef   UserName,User-Name
        AcctColumnDef   CallDate,Timestamp,integer-date
        AcctColumnDef   AcctStatusType,Acct-Status-Type,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctDelayTime,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctInputOctets,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctOutputOctets,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctSessionId,Acct-Session-Id,string
        AcctColumnDef   AcctSessionTime,Acct-Session-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   AcctTerminateCause,Acct-Terminate-Cause,integer
        AcctColumnDef   FramedAddress,Framed-IP-Address
        AcctColumnDef   FramedProtocol,Framed-Protocol,integer
        AcctColumnDef   NASIdentifier,NAS-Identifier
        AcctColumnDef   NASIdentifier,NAS-IP-Address
        AcctColumnDef   NASPort,NAS-Port,integer
</AuthBy>

Thanks for any ideas!

--Doug

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au