(RADIATOR) Event-Timestamp patch

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Oct 24 07:55:45 CDT 2002

Hello Jerome -

I think the correct answer would be to have different processing for
"Timestamp" and "Event-Timestamp", not to override what is currently
done by Radiator with "Timestamp", given that they are different ideas
of what "time" is.

In any case, if "Event-Timestamp" is present in a request, then it will
not interfere with Radiator's own "Timestamp". And it is available as
the special character %{Event-Timestamp}, exactly like %{Timestamp} is,
so you needn't write a hook anyway (as mentioned in my previous mail).

On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 09:47 PM, Jerome Fleury wrote:

> --On Thursday, October 24, 2002 04:11:44 PM +1000 Hugh Irvine
> <hugh at open.com.au> wrote:
>

>> Hi Mike -
>>
>> I don't agree with changing Radiator's Timestamp.
>>
>> If there is an Event-Timestamp in a request and someone wants to use
>> it,
>> it is simple enough to use special characters (%{Event-Timestamp}),
>> and/or write a hook to make whatever changes are wanted/needed on a
>> local
>> basis.
>>

> I understand your point of view about that patch. But keep in mind
> that Event-Timestamp is a standard Radius Attribute defined in RFC2869
> (Radius Extensions), that should be implemented by more and more
> devices as time goes on.
> This attribute has been added so that the server should not calculate
> timestamps but let network devices do this job.
>
> Therefore Radiator should allow the use of this attribute (if it
> exists) in a more friendly way than having to write a hook.
>
> --
> Jerome Fleury

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au