(RADIATOR) Event-Timestamp patch

Jerome Fleury jeje at jeje.org
Thu Oct 24 06:47:40 CDT 2002

--On Thursday, October 24, 2002 04:11:44 PM +1000 Hugh Irvine
<hugh at open.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Mike -
>
> I don't agree with changing Radiator's Timestamp.
>
> If there is an Event-Timestamp in a request and someone wants to use it,
> it is simple enough to use special characters (%{Event-Timestamp}),
> and/or write a hook to make whatever changes are wanted/needed on a local
> basis.

I understand your point of view about that patch. But keep in mind that
Event-Timestamp is a standard Radius Attribute defined in RFC2869 (Radius
Extensions), that should be implemented by more and more devices as time
goes on.
This attribute has been added so that the server should not calculate
timestamps but let network devices do this job.

Therefore Radiator should allow the use of this attribute (if it exists) in
a more friendly way than having to write a hook.

--
Jerome Fleury
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au