(RADIATOR) Bug

Martin Edge martinedge at kbs.net.au
Wed Oct 23 17:55:12 CDT 2002

Hey Guys,

Believe I have tripped across somewhere which could do with a bit more error
checking

I am able to reproduce it, but I'd prefer not to ;-)

A previous configuration file that I upgraded to the new version of radiator
was using formatted-date in an AcctColumnDef

We use Oracle, and therefore have a to_date function that we call on Oracle,
in order to conform to the Oracle date standards.

The issue was, once running this on the new version of Radiator (because we
were lacking the TimeDate perl module), the authentications were successful,
and the accounting packets caused the Radiator server to restart (even on
Trace5) by displaying:

Wed Oct 23 09:57:02 2002: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthSQL
Wed Oct 23 09:57:02 2002: DEBUG: Reading users file
/usr/local/etc/radiator//reject.users
Wed Oct 23 09:57:02 2002: INFO: Server started: Radiator 3.3.1 on radius01

Just a note as there is no debugging to hint at what the problem was. As
soon as TimeDate was installed, it was successful.

Regards,
Martin Edge
Software/Network Engineer
KBS Internet