(RADIATOR) MD5 requirement with radiator 2.15

Buisson Olivier o.buisson at libertysurf.fr
Thu Oct 17 13:46:12 CDT 2002

Hi,

We have some problem with CHAP authentication. We use radiator as proxy
to Infranet ( Portal ) radius server. And for some strange reason, some
CHAP authentication failed.

Two thinks :
- What the minimum version of MD5 perl module for radiator 2.15.
I know it is an old version but we can upgrade radiator for the moment.
- In the Changelog, I see, for the 2.16.2 version, a fix who deal with
  Infranet.
# Improved handling of MD5 passwords so that it supports both hex
# digests and base64 encodes. This also makes it compatible with
# Infranet billing passwords. Contributed by Johnathan Ingram
# (jingram at intekom.com). Thanks Johnathan.

What is the modification in the radiator code made by this
contribution ? And what are the problems with Infranet passwords ? We
use radiator 2.15 and we dont have problems.

Thanks a lot

--
Buisson Olivier
Tiscali France / Network and System Administrator
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au