(RADIATOR) trouble with log sql

Brandon brandon at dialupusa.net
Fri Oct 11 19:36:22 CDT 2002

Is there any known issues with Log SQL working properly?   We got it logging
to our mysql database, and then we had an SQL timeout and it appears to have
knocked it off so it doesn't log ever again.  Just for kicks, I tried
restarting radius and all of a sudden, it begins working again.  And then if
we get an SQL timeout and then boom, it doesn't work again.   It runs for
sometimes 4-5 hours and then will all of a sudden stop.   Its like the
FailureBackOffTime command is not working and instead its perminately
stopping all requests.   I am using Radiator 3.3.1 and I had this same issue
on Radiator 3.1 when I tested it about 2 months ago.    I am doing global
SQL logging and here is what is at the top of my config file:

<Log SQL>
        DBSource dbi:mysql:radiuslogs:XXXXXXXXXXXXX
        DBUsername      XXXXXXXXXXX
        DBAuth          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        Timeout 2
        FailureBackoffTime 10
        Table RADLOG
        LogQuery        insert into %3 (date, message) values (now(), %2)
        Trace 3
</Log>

Unfortunately, a trace 4 debug won't help since it doesn't log the logging
to the Log SQL query.

Brandon Mullenberg
Dialup USA, Inc.
Tel: 888-460-2286 ext 202