(RADIATOR) Mac OS X Questions

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Oct 9 18:45:56 CDT 2002

Hello Marcel -

I am running Radiator here on MacOS X and there are lots of customers
out there using MacOS X as well.

I have just had a look at the boot support, and I think you will want
to set up something in this directory:

	/System/Library/StartupItems/

We generally recommend using restartWrapper, as it will restart
Radiator automatically if it falls over, and it will also send you some
email containing the reasons for the failure and any error messages
when the failure occured.

I haven't tried the ODBC support yet, but if the Perl DBD-ODBC module
will talk to it, it should work. I have just had a quick look at the
ODBC Administrator application, and it looks like it should do the job
nicely. I will do some testing and let you know. BTW - if this works
well, it will be a *big* win.

I am not sure how many Radiator users are running MacOS X, however I
can tell you that the number has been increasing very rapidly recently.
Everyone I have spoken to about MacOS X has been extremely happy with
it.

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 08:11 AM, Marcel Brown wrote:

> I've installed Radiator on 2 XServes. It works and I'm in the process
> of configuring it to my liking. I have a few questions.
>
> 1. What is the best way to have Radiator start automatically at boot
> time under Mac OS X? In a related question, what about using the
> restart wrapper?
>
> 2. Has anybody set up Radiator under Mac OS X to talk to Rodopi, or at
> least to authenticate against an MS SQL database using ODBC? Does Mac
> OS X 10.2's new ODBC manager functionality change this at all?
>
> 3. How many people here have Radiator running on Mac OS X?
>
> Thanks!
> Marcel

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au