(RADIATOR) Radmin "Undocumented Feature"

Andrew Sinclair andrew at sins.com.au
Wed Oct 2 17:29:09 CDT 2002

Hi Hugh, Mike and Co,

I found a "bug" in Radmin through my own stupidity.

If you enter a Client address as xxx.xxx.781.xxx
ie. an octet is over 255, Radmin accepts it.

When you try to restart radiator, everything /etc/init.d/rc/d/radiator
and radius.pid (on RH7.3) reports it has started OK but it's just not
running.

The error does show up in the radius logfile with a suitable Trace level.

Perhaps Radmin 1.7 could have some sanity checks on input of addresses
to prevent people like me (4 thumbs) entering these malformed addresses.

BTW Radmin saved me from requiring hours and hours of custom
radiator/mysql/http setup for a client costing them far less to buy the
package. It's great stuff and has the added benefit for them of being
supported/used by someone else and it's documented!

Cheers
Andrew Sinclair
Sun Certified Solaris Systems Administrator
Sinclair InterNetworking Services

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au