(RADIATOR) PostAuthHook nightmares.

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Nov 25 22:10:19 CST 2002

Hello Steve -

I am not sure I understand your question regarding two instances of the
hook.

The usual case is to seperate the processing for the two cases using
either Realms or (more generally) Handlers.

And with an AuthBy FILE as you describe, you don't usually need a hook
at all - you just need to define your address pools to use whatever
comes back from the database lookup, and use an AuthByPolicy
ContinueWhileAccept to control the two AuthBy clauses.

In the case of the AuthBy RADIUS clause, you need a ReplyHook because
the reply comes back asynchronously from the proxy.

And yes you can add your own Reply-Message - just call
"delete_attr(....)" first before adding your new one.

You are correct in pointing out that reply attributes in an
Access-Reject don't usually cause problems. However you might want to
look at using "AllowInReply" in your Authby RADIUS clause to limit the
reply attributes that you will accept from a proxy. Then if you want to
delete even those, you can use the reference to "AllowInReply" when you
call "delete_attr".

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au