(RADIATOR) IP Allocation from SQL

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Nov 14 15:45:29 CST 2002

Hello Surajh -

I will need to see a copy of your Radiator configuration file, together
with a trace 4 debug from Radiator showing what is happening with both
authentication requests, and accounting starts and accounting stops.

On Thursday, Nov 14, 2002, at 07:57 Canada/Eastern, Surajh Surjoo [ MTN
Sandhurst ] wrote:

> Hi
> We are currently using RADIATOR 3.0.  We have implemented IP
> allocation from
> the SQL DB and it worked fine, for a while.
> However, under normal load, the IP addresses were been completely used
> up
> and not released back to the DB for reallocation.
> Radiator would then deny new requests.
> We had a pool of 255 IPs which showed their states as all active.
> However,
> the session database only showed about 45 active online users,
> and when a user disconnected, he would disconnect from the session
> database,
> but not return the IP to the pool for reallocation.
>
> Anyone have similar problems and can help me here, before I upgrade to
> 3.3.1
> much appreciated...
>
> Surajh Surjoo
> Systems Engineer - Data
> Mobile: 0832129829
> Mobile Fax: 083 8 2129829
> Office Fax: 011 3018811
> Office Tel: 011 3016000
> surajh.surjoo at mtn.co.za
>
> "Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au