(RADIATOR) Question

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Nov 12 19:09:23 CST 2002

Hello Chris -

Keep in mind that there are two different things going on in this
scenario. The first is authentication which checks the username and
password (and does whatever checks are required), and the second is
accounting which is used to manage the session database.

You should get the information from the database and return it to the
NAS in the accept in a "Class" attribute. Then you can use the contents
of the Class attribute which is included in the accounting requests in
your own session database queries.

Have a look at sections 6.7 and 6.28 in the Radiator 3.3.1 reference
manual ("doc/ref.html").

On Tuesday, Nov 12, 2002, at 18:14 Canada/Eastern, Chris Kay wrote:

> Questions is...
>
> I wish to pull some information for a db while auth and then set that
> Information in the session db
>
> Would I set this then pull it and enter it, or can I make it global or
> something?
>
> Any help is grateful

> Chris Kay (Systems Development)
> Techex Communications
> Website: www.techex.com.au Email: chris.kay at techex.net.au
> Telephone: 1300 88 111 2 - Fax: (02) 9970 5788

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au