(RADIATOR) Auth by NAS-Identifier

Ben-Nes Michael miki at canaan.co.il
Tue Nov 5 09:56:12 CST 2002

Hi All

I'm an old radiator user :) using ver 2.17.1 with (AuthBy SQL) And Nas:
cisco 2511 and PM3

All work great
but now I want to enable filters so customer will have PPP accounts that are
restricted to emails only.

This can be achieved with PM3 easily by using Attribute: Filter-Id.

My Q is how can I tell my radius to log only the users that come form the
PM3.

I thought of adding a column to my db like:
NAS-Identifier="some_ip"

and then add a AuthColumnDef n, GENERIC, check - to see if the ip is
correct.

Is this the right way ?
if so how can I tell the radius that some of the users can log from any NAS
while some can log from only one NAS ?

Will I have to upgrade to the latest version ?

Thanks in advance

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au