(RADIATOR) AuthBy LDAP2

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Nov 5 09:56:20 CST 2002

Hello Jason -

Yes you can use special characters in the BaseDN parameter.

Could you please send me a copy of the configuration file (no secrets),
together with a trace 4 debug from Radiator showing what is happening.

BTW - what version of Radiator are you running, and what
hardware/software platform?

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 02:50 AM, Jason Signalness wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to set up authentication against an LDAP directory.
>
> This clause results in LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT errors:
>
> <AuthBy LDAP2>
>         Identifier              BTICheckLDAP
>         Host                    ds.btinet.net
>         UsernameAttr            uid
>         BaseDN                  ou=People,o=%R,o=bti
>         EncryptedPasswordAttr   userPassword
> </AuthBy>
>
> But if I hard code the realm name it works:
>
> <AuthBy LDAP2>
>         Identifier              BTICheckLDAP
>         Host                    ds.btinet.net
>         UsernameAttr            uid
>         BaseDN                  ou=People,o=testrealm.com,o=bti
>         EncryptedPasswordAttr   userPassword
> </AuthBy>
>

> Since we have many realms, it is not going to work to hard code them
> in the radiator config file.  Am I correct to assume that the %R
> cannot be used in an AuthBy LDAP2 clause?  If so, how can I get around
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Jason Signalness, Systems Administrator
> Basin Telecommunications, Inc.
> jsignalness at btinet.net 1-701-355-5727

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au