(RADIATOR) Session Limit Question

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Nov 5 00:50:08 CST 2002

Hello Chris -

I think you could probably do what you describe with a sequence of
AuthBy clauses.

Something like this:

# define AuthBy clauses

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier CheckUser

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier CheckGroup

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier CheckLimit

# define Realms or Handlers

<Handler .....>
	AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
	AuthBy CheckUser
	AuthBy CheckGroup
	AuthBy CheckLimit
</Handler>

The best way to learn about hooks is to look at the file
"goodies/hooks.txt" and to study the Radiator source code.

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 12:17 PM, Chris Kay wrote:

> Ok here goes
>
> I wish to check a username to make sure it is in the database, if it is
> I would then like it to check it again a group to see if its inside a
> certain group of users, if it is I would then like it to check how many
> users of that group are currently logged on and using a stored limit in
> the database, I would like it to log on if under that limit or else
> fail.
>
> I need a portlimitcheck for a group of users not all users.
>
> But still needs to act as a normal server for normal users not
> belonging
> to a group, also I cant change the username to a user at host type
> username,
> Because the group is already to large.
>
> I have so far gathered that a pre hook would be the best way to do this
> but I know nothing about hooks.
>
> Would I be able to like have it execute a PHP script to do all the
> checking and if returns "1" continue and if returns "2" fail?
>
> If that's not possible could someone point me to a place I could learn
> the above....
>
> Thanks in regards

> Chris Kay (Systems Development)
> Techex Communications
> Website: www.techex.com.au Email: chris.kay at techex.net.au
> Telephone: 1300 88 111 2 - Fax: (02) 9970 5788

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au