(RADIATOR) How to do a load test

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed May 29 15:47:07 CDT 2002

Hello Fred -

The first thing to realise is that "radpwtst" is not a high-performance
radius load generator, however what we do is this:

	set up Radiator host

	run "radiusd -trace -1 -config_file ....." in a terminal window
	(this will give the number of requests per second)

	run multiple copies of radpwtst on multiple other machines
	(*not* the Radiator host)

The mistake that many people make is trying to run radpwtst on the same
machine as Radiator which will skew the results significantly.

Otherwise, you can do a google search on radius test generators.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au