(RADIATOR) How to do a load test

Fred Albrecht Fred at vwo.co.za
Wed May 29 05:37:24 CDT 2002

Hi

I've been wondering how one goes about really stressing a Radiator installation to see what it can do.  I've tried using radpwtst to flood the service but on a config that simply allows everyone in I get about 17 - 33 milliseconds per access request, while only sending only accounting gives 93 miliseconds per request.

A uname -a returns :
SunOS wol-aaa1 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine,

1 Gig of memory installed., 1 CPU

CPU drops right down to 0 % free when running the test.

Running radpwtst on just auth gives

Is this good or bad, and how can I increase these results?

Also, are there any good tools to really flood a Radius server with access requests?

The allow all config looks like this:
#
# radius.cfg
#

# Set this to the directory where your logfile and details file are to go
LogDir /opt/LOGS/radius/

# Set this to the database directory. It should contain these files:
# users           The user database
# dictionary      The dictionary for your NAS
DbDir /usr/local/etc/raddb

AuthPort 3645
AcctPort 3646
Trace 3