(RADIATOR) Re: SessionDatabse SQL and Multiple Logins

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun May 26 18:54:41 CDT 2002

Hello Vignesa -

This question comes up now and again (you will find the discussions on the
archive site http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator).

If you look at the delete query closely, you will see that it is the
NASIDENTIFIER and NASPORT values that are used.

delete from RADONLINE where NASIDENTIFIER='%1' and NASPORT=0%2

This is a preventative maintenance approach to keeping the session database
up to date. As you know, radius is UDP-based and accounting records can and
do go missing from time to time. This being the case, Radiator always does a
delete for the NAS-Identifier and NAS-Port attributes contained in an access
request. The reasoning being that there cannot already be a session on that
NAS-Identifier/NAS-Port combination, by definition (a new call cannot come in
on a channel that already has a call on it).

hth

Hugh

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au