(RADIATOR) qwest and stop packets

peter moody peter at enabledsites.com
Mon May 20 13:03:01 CDT 2002

Poor form to reply to my own email, but there appears to be more
information.

Qwest is actually sending the stop/start packets at 5 second intervals,
and radiator is forwarding them on the the proxy radius server.  Qwest
is, I guess, waiting for some sort of acknowledgement and when one isn't
recieved, it sends another stop/start packet.  radiator dutifully
forwards this packet on to the proxy server again, and logs the new data
in the accounting and radonline databases.

So, I guess what I want to know now is, is there anyway that I can get
radiator to send the acknowledgement to qwest and then do it's own
timeout retransmit?  Or is there anyway to get radiator to do a delete
on the accounting table before an insert (similar to what it does with
the radonline table) to avoid duplicate packats?  And, is the problem
now actually with the proxied radius server and not with qwest?

Again, I can send relevant trace4 debug info if needed.

Thanks again.

-Peter

peter at enabledsites.com
:wq