(RADIATOR) qwest and stop packets

peter moody peter at enabledsites.com
Mon May 20 11:57:56 CDT 2002

Hello,

I've got a radiator (2.19) running on a linux box with about 20 proxy
realms.  When one of our proxy users disconnects, Qwests seems to send
about 6 Stop packets all at once.  It's almost round-robin, except that
radiator notes that all the packets arrive within a second or two.
Radiator logs each of these packets in sequence and as a result our
proxy users appear to have been online anywhere from 2 to 6 more than
they really have.

What I'm trying to figure out is, is radiator doing what it's supposed
to do (ie. forwarding every stop packet it gets even if 6 in a row are
for the same session id)?  Or more specifically, is the problem with
qwest's borked nas's sending 6 stop packets at once?

I can send trace4 log exerpts as well as sql logs if you want.

Thanks for your help.

-Peter

--
Peter Moody		Systems Administrator