(RADIATOR) Ace

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue May 14 02:38:37 CDT 2002

Hello Judy -

On Mon, 13 May 2002 23:31, Judy Angel wrote:
> I am new to ratiator, hope you can advise me.

Sure.

> hostH is an Ace client and radius server, hostA which is an  Ace server and
> radius server. At present users dialin to the ascend box( user file below)
> and  authenticate against the hostA Ace server.
> I am in the process of changing the radius to radiator, on HostH, and can
> not  find information, on how to pass the caller from radius server hostH
> to the Ace server hostA
>
> acesid  Authentication-Type = ACE, Ascend-Token-Immediate = TokImm-Yes
>         Service-Type = Framed,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-IP-Address = xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>         Framed-Route = "xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx",
>         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.248.0,
>         Ascend-Link-Compression = Link-Comp-MS-Stac,
>         Ascend-Idle-Limit = 3600,
>         Ascend-Client-Assign-DNS = DNS-Assign-Yes,
>         Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS = xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>         Ascend-Client-Secondary-DNS = xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Have tried to put the users file as shown or set the config to
>
> <Realm staff>
>         <AuthBy ACE>
>                 ConfigDirectory /var/adm/aat/ace/data
>         </AuthBy>
> </Realm>
>
> but it will not allow a Host entry in the config to redirect to the ace
> server.
>
> I am testing with the radpwtst file.

The first question is "do you want to use the radius server on hostA, or do
you want to use the ACE server directly?".

If you want to use the radius server on hostA you should use an AuthBy RADIUS
clause to proxy the requests from hostH to hostA. If on the other hand you
want to use the ACE API, you should use the AuthBy ACE clause on hostH to
talk directly to the ACE server on hostA.

The complete Radiator 3.0 reference manual is in the file "doc/ref.html" in
the distribution.

If you can give me a clear description of your requirements I will be happy
to help with some suggestions on how to configure Radiator appropriately.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au