(RADIATOR) Duplicate Start stop records problem

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri May 10 00:15:40 CDT 2002

Hello Matthew -

You should check a trace 4 debug from Radiator to see why your packet
processing is so slow. If the ethernet segment is being shared by other
traffic, you should probably consider a private segment for "administrative"
traffic only.

If the NAS is sending retransmissions, it is because the retry timer on the
NAS has expired before the accounting response has been received (unless its
a NAS bug of course...). This is either because Radiator has not finished
processing the request, or because the response that Radiator sent got
dropped. In either case, more investigation is required.

BTW - you may want to use the LogMicroseconds parameter for greater timer
resolution (requires Time::HiRes from CPAN).

You might consider using the "AccountingHandled" parameter in your Realm(s)
or Handler(s), but I would suggest fixing the problem as the best course of
action.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au