(RADIATOR) Question

Stephen Malenshek stephen at valuelinx.net
Tue Mar 26 15:44:09 CST 2002

I am trying to implement a new installation of Radiator 3.0 on Red Hat
7.2 with a Postgres backend on a separate machine.  I have searched
through the archives and have a list in regards to static ip address
assignment from radius and I have yet to find anything regarding this.
Also, I have taken the wimscomplex example in the goodies and tried to
adapt it to our environment.  My biggest problem is that I do not
understand the mappings for the tables in the radius.cfg file for the
database.  I will admit this, I do not have an extreme amount of
knowledge of databases and all my experience with radius is with the
Cistron version, which we have been running for three years.  Everything
else we are doing is pretty normal and all pools are assigned by the
nas, but I would be interested in looking at some type of configuration
to where it issues the assignments.

As a future development plan, I have expectations of converting
everything for authentication to radius (Exim, ProFTP & Apache) to where
we have a database of the information instead of local flat files and
logs of everything.  This to me is our ultimate goal to achieve, and I
am mentioning this to asses opinions from everyone on what the best way
to plan for this implementation without slowing the initial down.
Please let me know.  I would be more than happy to send any information
necessary on if anyone is interested in helping me with this endeavor.
Thanks in advance.

Stephen Malenshek
President/CEO
Valuelinx Corporation