(RADIATOR) Platypus; AuthBy Emerald; Time Accounting

Steve Brown steve at neteze.com
Sun Mar 24 20:55:14 CST 2002

Question for those of you that use Platypus -- How many of you have used the
RadiusNT integration scripts from Boardtown and the AuthBy Emerald support?
In early testing I have found <AuthBy Platypus> just zings and works great,
but when I tried the scripts and AuthBy Emerald it takes sooo long to get a
response back the RAS gives up. Something like 25 seconds for the query to
run.

My main concerns are authenticating, direct injection of accounting records
into Platypus, and supporting the ability to have certain accounts time
limited. I wonder how Radiator handles time accounting on calls spanning the
period when the month changes - suppose someone has 35 hours left and they
call in 25 hours before the end of the month. They log off 10 hours past the
beginning of the new month - does this all just magically work correctly?

Has anyone decided to use Radiator with Plat and NOT use the
RadiusNT/Emerald method? If so I would love to hear from you. I must be able
to support time limited accounts, mainly based on the RAS IP Address and
Realm.

Oh yes, question for anyone that choose to use the RadiusNT scripts from
Boardtown and AuthBy Emerald -- did you have any problem preserving the past
call accounting data in Platypus? The scripts from Boardtown just toss all
the old info out the window and make no effort to preserve the data or
migrate it into the new database layout.

If it makes a difference, I am using Radiator 2.19 on Solaris - database
access seems to work fine (Microsoft SQL)

Thanks,

Steve

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au