(RADIATOR) AuthBy External - duplicate/invalid "Reply-Message"s?

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at ixpres.com
Mon Mar 18 16:40:35 CST 2002

Hello all,

Got another question here...

We have an <AuthBy External> script that prints out the following line on
stdout (along with an exit 1 to trigger a reject) for certain packets:

<tab>Reply-Message = "Call xxx-xxx-xxxx for a new number"

Unfortunately, what comes out in the reply packet is this:
Code:       Access-Reject
Identifier: 185
Authentic:  <222><215>SvR<185>1h<145><200>VtSv<194><13>
Attributes:
         Reply-Message = "Call xxx-xxx-xxxx for a new number"
         Reply-Message = ""

The extra attribute seems to be confusing our Clients. Radpwtst gets the
reject message back, but our clients don't.

Also, the reason we give in our reply-message is not logged as %1 in our
<AuthLog FILE> code (unlike normal rejects).

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how we might get around it?

T-i-a,
Japheth Cleaver
cleaver at ixpres.com

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au