(RADIATOR) Re: AuthByPolicy and INFO messages

Roland Rosenfeld rrosenfeld at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 12 04:40:56 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, I wrote:

> I still need some trick to differentiate between
> a) User exists, but wrong password
> b) User does not exist in this <AuthBy> section
>
> In case a) I'd like to get "Reject" while case b) should return
> "Ignore", so "AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileIgnore" would do the trick.
>
> I tried "DEFAULT Auth-Type=Ignore" in the users file, but this doesn't
> help, because Radiator also asks for the DEFAULT entry, when the user
> is found, but with a wrong password.

I tried it two hours before posting my previous mail and just in the
moment, when I sent it out, I got the inspiration how to solve my
problem.  Maybe my solution may help others:

AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileIgnore
<AuthBy FILE>
	NoDefaultIfFound
	Filename /usr/local/radiator/raddb/users
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy SQL>
	NoDefault
</AuthBy SQL>

With the line
     DEFAULT Auth-Type = Ignore
at the bottom of the users file.

The trick here is, that if the user exists in the users file but with
a wrong password, the NoDefaultIfFound does not try the DEFAULT and
the complete authentication exists with a Reject.  If the user isn't
found in the FILE, the FILE section searches for a DEFAULT user, which
does an "Ignore", which implies that the SQL section is used.  Now
everything seems to work as I expected.

Tschoeeee

        Roland
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au