(RADIATOR) Re: AuthByPolicy and INFO messages

Roland Rosenfeld rrosenfeld at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 12 04:27:03 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> > AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileReject
> > <AuthBy SQL>
> > </AuthBy SQL>
> > <AuthBy FILE>
> > </AuthBy>

> It is probably easiest to do what you suggest below and reverse the
> order of the AuthBy clauses. Keep in mind that the AuthBy FILE
> caches the file contents in memory at startup time, and you are only
> talking about a couple of memory lookups, so performance will not be
> impacted at all.

Okay, changing the order fixes the incorrect info messages ("user
unknown" instead of "wrong password") for all users in the SQL
database, but now I still get a "user unknown" for the three users in
the FILE, when a wrong password is used.

I still need some trick to differentiate between
a) User exists, but wrong password
b) User does not exist in this <AuthBy> section

In case a) I'd like to get "Reject" while case b) should return
"Ignore", so "AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileIgnore" would do the trick.

I tried "DEFAULT Auth-Type=Ignore" in the users file, but this doesn't
help, because Radiator also asks for the DEFAULT entry, when the user
is found, but with a wrong password.

Tschoeeee

        Roland
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au