(RADIATOR) have I missed something in the documentation?

Rimdenok, Sviatoslav sviatoslav.rimdenok at colt.ch
Mon Mar 11 07:57:46 CST 2002

     Hello All,
     I have an impression that I've missed something in the Radiator's
documentation.. Let me explain :

     we have the following configuration of Radiator (the extraction from
the config file):

<AuthBy RADIUS>
	Identifier blabla
	Host A.A.A.A
	Host B.B.B.B
	Secret test
	AuthPort 1645
	AcctPort 1646
      Retries 1
      RetryTimeout 3
</AuthBy>

<Handler Called-Station-Id=1205>
	AuthBy blabla
</Handler>
----------------------------------
    That means all authentication/accounting requests with
Called-Station-Id=1205 are proxied to RADIUS servers A.A.A.A or B.B.B.B.
    Let's imagine that both RADIUS hosts are down (A.A.A.A and B.B.B.B).
What I've found is after 1 retries for each RADIUS servers, the Radiator
software stops proceeding the requests, - it's just ignoring it. For me that
means there is no any reply back to the NASes.
    Here comes my question : how can I change this behaviour? I'd like to
have "access reject"  replies if there is no answers from the remote RADIUS
servers..

    I've found that I can do it by using <AuthBy GROUP> directives, - just
add <AuthBy RADIUS> and <AuthBy INTERNAL> blocks inside one <AuthBy GROUP>
container. Then if there is no reply from any RADIUS servers listed in
<AuthBy RADIUS> blocks, the request is processed by <AuthBy INTERNAL>
directive (which returns "REJECT" in any case).
    It's working but the config file becomes very complex, since I've many
<AuthBy RADIUS> blocks (one for each company). Is there any other way to
change that behaviour inside <AuthBy RADIUS> directive?

 Thank you so much for your help!

 sincerely yours,
 Slava Rimdenok

Sviatoslav Rimdenok