(RADIATOR) Integrating Win32 service functionality via Win32::Daemon?

Christian Meis christian.meis at online-service.de
Thu Mar 7 02:59:38 CST 2002

Hello,

we are in the process of evaluating Radiator under Win NT / Win2K. Of
course we want/need to run Radiator as service. The proposed way to do
so under Win32 is using srvany or FireDaemon.
Both of these surely will work, but are "another thing" needed for
operation, and we want to keep things simple.

For several other PERL projects we have used Dave Roth's Win32::Daemon
module. This effectively gives your PERL programs full service
capability under Win32 without any additional tools like srvany or the
like.

What do you think - would this be worth integrating as an option in
Radiator for Win32 systems?

Best regards,

Christian Meis
Online-Info Service GmbH