(RADIATOR) Memory leak in one of the modules or perl executable.

Dan Melomedman dmelomed at devonitnet.com
Tue Jul 23 17:13:39 CDT 2002

I noticed the perl process is growing linearly as the requests come in.
Grows in size quite rapidly, eventually needs to be restarted. I suspected
FreeTDS or OpenLDAP libraries (and these may too have leaks and probably do,
but that testing is  later).

To see if it could be something else, I created a simple config file with
just AuthByTEST. Still leaks. This is on FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE and Perl 5.6.1.
Perl 5.8.0 also leaks when running Radiator. Time::Hires is also installed.
No other modules were used for this test.

Here's my config (with fake system-related data):

LogStdout
PidFile /tmp/testradiusd.pid
AuthPort        1898
AcctPort        1899
BindAddress ip.add.re.ss
LogDir          /tmp
DbDir           /tmp
DictionaryFile /blah/blah/dictionary

<Client ip.add.re.ss>
       NoIgnoreDuplicates Access-Request #for testing only
       Secret  test
       RewriteUsername s/^(.*)\-(.*)/$1\@$2/ #user-org to user at org
       DefaultRealm test
</Client>

<AuthBy TEST>
       Identifier test
</AuthBy TEST>

<Handler Service-Type=Authenticate-Only,NAS-Port-Type=Virtual>
       Identifier test
       AuthBy test
</Handler>

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au