(RADIATOR) Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: (RADIATOR) Radiator - Probs with Authby SQL

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Jul 18 20:09:13 CDT 2002

Hello Christian -

If you want to do both CHAP and PAP authentication, your passwords
*must* be stored in clear text in the database.

If you want to store  encrypted passwords (and only use PAP) you must
use an external program to do the encryption and then take the
resulting string and put that into the database.

--

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au