(RADIATOR) Selecting domain stripping in AuthBySQLRADIUS

James Wiegand jwiegand at fiberlink.com
Fri Jul 12 09:03:05 CDT 2002

Hello,

I am trying to get the rewrite working and there is an error when I try to
define the REWRITE column.  This is with the patch bundle from the web site
(AuthSQLRADIUS 1.6, 2002/06/17).  The DBI and AuthSQLRADIUS works normally
until I define a value for the rewrite column.

Here is the trace output (secrets and domains changed):

Fri Jul 12 21:43:53 2002: DEBUG: Packet dump:
*** Received from 172.16.2.15 port 63939 ....
Code:       Access-Request
Identifier: 109
Authentic:  <221><197><242><246>\<30>8r <208><215><25>5<172><200>e
Attributes:
        User-Name = "test at foo.com"
        User-Password
= "<178>$/<251>AKo<174><127>7^<169><166><231><146><188>"

Fri Jul 12 21:43:53 2002: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler ''
Fri Jul 12 21:43:53 2002: DEBUG:  Deleting session for test at foo.com,
172.16.2.15,
Fri Jul 12 21:43:53 2002: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthRADIUS
Fri Jul 12 21:43:53 2002: DEBUG: Query is: select HOST1, SECRET, AUTHPORT,
ACCTPORT, RETRIES, RETRYTIMEOUT, REWRITE from RADSQLRADIUS where TARGETNAME
= 'foo.com'

Can't use string ("s/\s+//g") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Radius/Radius.pm line 1452.

Here is the relevant radius.cfg entry:

<Handler>
        Identifier DefaultSQL
        <AuthBy SQLRADIUS>
                HostSelect      select HOST%0, SECRET, AUTHPORT, ACCTPORT,
\
          RETRIES, RETRYTIMEOUT, REWRITE from RADSQLRADIUS where TARGETNAME
= '%R'
                HostColumnDef 0, Host
                HostColumnDef 1, Secret
                HostColumnDef 2, AuthPort
                HostColumnDef 3, AcctPort
                HostColumnDef 4, Retries
                HostColumnDef 5, RetryTimeout
                HostColumnDef 6, RewriteUsername
                DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius
                DBUsername      XXXX
                DBAuth          XXXX
                Timeout         5
                FailureBackoffTime      1
        </Authby>
</Handler>

And the data in the table is:

mysql> select * from RADSQLRADIUS;
+------------+-------------+-------+---------+----------+----------+---------+--------------+----------+
| TARGETNAME | HOST1       | HOST2 | SECRET  | AUTHPORT | ACCTPORT |
RETRIES | RETRYTIMEOUT | REWRITE  |
+------------+-------------+-------+---------+----------+----------+---------+--------------+----------+
| foo.com    | 172.16.3.15 | NULL  | xxx | 1663     | 1664     |    NULL |
NULL | s/\s+//g |
+------------+-------------+-------+---------+----------+----------+---------+--------------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Jim Wiegand, BSEE, MSE
Supervisor, Infrastructure Operations
Fiberlink Communications
215 793 6554

computer.

                    Hugh Irvine
                    <hugh at open.com.a        To:     "James Wiegand"
                    u>                      <jwiegand at fiberlink.com>,
                    Sent by:                "'radiator at open.com.au'"
                    owner-radiator at o        <radiator at open.com.au>
                    pen.com.au              cc:
                                            Subject:     Re: (RADIATOR) Selecting domain
                                            stripping in AuthBySQLRADIUS
                    07/08/2002 07:11
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to hugh

Hello James -

In Radiator 3.1, you can use the AuthBy SQLRADIUS clause with
HostColumnDef's
to supply a RewriteUsername (or not).

Note that you will need the patched version of AuthBy SQLRADIUS from the
Radiator 3.1 patches area.

See section 6.45 in the Radiator 3.1 reference manual ("doc/ref.html").

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au