(RADIATOR) Simultaneous Request handling

Chris Myers c.myers at its.uq.edu.au
Thu Jul 11 02:25:00 CDT 2002

Generally speaking our authentication method is
really quick, so it would be a performance hamper
if we forked for every request.  It's just these
'rare' cases that mess us around - ie. kerberos
server decides to take 2 minutes to return for
some unknown reason.

But squid is not multi-threaded either, though
it can handle a *large* amount of concurrent
requests - nor does it fork.

+            Chris Myers ~ c.myers at its.uq.edu.au
. Information Technology Services - Software Infrastructure
. Ph: +61 7 3365 4017 - Mobile: 0413-009-482 - Room: 42-412
. The Prentice Building - The University of Queensland 4072
+ PGP Public key available @ http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqcmyers
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au