(RADIATOR) User auths if in the users file only?

Karl Gaissmaier karl.gaissmaier at rz.uni-ulm.de
Mon Jul 8 17:57:02 CDT 2002

Hi Chris,

chris schrieb:

> I am having the weirdest issue.  If I add a user into the users file with
> the simple line
> test123           Auth-Type = System
>
> They can authenticate and go on thier merry way....
>
> If the user is not in there and gets caught by the default
>
> DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
> Port-Limit = 2,
> Service-Type = Framed-User,
> Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
> Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
> Framed-Routing = None,
> Idle-Timeout = 1800,
> Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
> Framed-MTU = 1500
>
> They still auth ok(I see the user/pass combo pass the test), but it does
> weird things that wont let the
> user complete logon. What *seems* to be happening is that it is not throwing
> back an IP for the end user. Anyone seen this happen before? I do not want
> to have to add every user to the users file.

Really, you don't have to do this for every user. If it is not a typo
in your e-mail then it is in your users file. You MUST have whitespace
in front of your Reply Items.

Please always turn debug on and send it as partt of the questions.
In the debug we could see what reply items are sent back to the NAS.

Regards
	Charly

P.S. is this really a working example with this Framed-IP-Address?

--
Karl Gaissmaier          Computing Center,University of Ulm,Germany
Email:karl.gaissmaier at rz.uni-ulm.de          Network Administration
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au