(RADIATOR) User auths if in the users file only?

chris lists at powernet.net
Mon Jul 8 16:57:47 CDT 2002

I am having the weirdest issue.  If I add a user into the users file with
the simple line
test123           Auth-Type = System

They can authenticate and go on thier merry way....

If the user is not in there and gets caught by the default

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
Port-Limit = 2,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
Framed-Routing = None,
Idle-Timeout = 1800,
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
Framed-MTU = 1500

They still auth ok(I see the user/pass combo pass the test), but it does
weird things that wont let the
user complete logon. What *seems* to be happening is that it is not throwing
back an IP for the end user. Anyone seen this happen before? I do not want
to have to add every user to the users file.

TIA
Chris

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au