Fwd: Re: Fwd: RE: (RADIATOR) Radiator 3.1 Memory Leak

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri Jul 5 18:59:29 CDT 2002

Hi Mike,

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 03:37, Forbes Mike wrote:
> Do you have more specifics on the PAM leak as it looks like MIke did some
> extensive testing?  I would like to pursue this with RedHat and any
> information would be helpful.  Is this a problem specific to redhat or
> just pam in general?

I inspected the perl PAM interface closely for potenial leaks, then wrote a
small test program that would do large numbers of authentications. I found
that

new Authen::PAM
does not leak (it calls pam_start)

but that  pam_authenticate does leak.

I was able to confirm that the perl interface does free the memory it mallocs,
so I conclude the problem is in the PAM libraries. I was testing on RH 7.3
with pam-0.75-32 and  Authen-PAM-0.13 but I dont know if its specific to RH

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au