(RADIATOR) Silly question.

Utku Er erutku at netone.net.tr
Thu Jan 17 16:37:16 CST 2002

Hi,
If your main concern is to restart if radius is not replying rather than only *knowing* if its up,
you can write a script using radpwtst like below *on* the radiator server and put it to cron. radpwtst is really a useful tool... If you want only to report the downtime or uptime, its a different story...
------------------------
root#cat testradius.sh
#!/bin/sh

#see if its up and running
if ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep radiusd > /dev/null
 then echo donothing > /dev/null
 else /etc/init.d/radiator restart
fi

#see if its actually replying
if /usr/bin/radpwtst -secret yoursecret -noacct -user heartbeat -password heartbeat | grep "No reply" > /dev/null
 then /etc/init.d/radiator restart
fi
exit