(RADIATOR) How do MaxSessions work with Rewrite ?

Ross Kusler ross at inreach.com
Tue Jan 15 16:43:02 CST 2002

Hey Hugh,

    I'm using Radiator with Sessions and NASType to hopefully prevent users from logging on more than once at a time... however I'm a little confused as to how this works with Rewrite statements.

    Here's a very simple version.  If a user logs in with username   bob, the rewrite changes it to bob... then the Call gets logged and the user is added into a session as "bob".

   If he tries to log in again as "Bob", the write changes it to "bob"... then Radiator sees that 'bob' is already logged in, and queries the Nas server.  However won't the Nas server say that "Bob" is logged in on that port instead of "bob".. and allow the user to log in ?

Ross Kusler
InReach Internet LLC