(RADIATOR) migration to radiator with cisco-equipment

Alexander Wallnöfer Alexander.Wallnoefer at raiffeisen.it
Mon Jan 7 07:09:36 CST 2002

I´m evaluating the radiotor and I'm thinking to  migrate from x-Tacacs
based on an Informix-DB to the Radiator based on LINUX/MySQL or
LINUX/Informix.
We are an ISP with about 10.000 Customers in the Dial-Up-Sector.
As NAS we exclusively use Cisco-Equipment (some 3660, AS5300 and two AS5200
; the later one will be eliminated in the near future).
In the new environment we will use a multi-chassis configuration.

So I have some questions, if anyone can help:

1. Has someone of you experiences in such a migration? What should I care
about?
2. Are there any known problems with "ppp multilink"  for Dial-Up-Users
(ISDN and Modem)
3. Has the change from Tacacs to Radius any disadvantages?
4. Is the combination Linux/MySQL a good choice? How scalable is this
choice?

Thanks for your help

Alexander Wallnöfer

Raiffeisen Informationssysteme