(RADIATOR) AuthRADIUS (non)forking problem

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Feb 27 18:17:15 CST 2002

Hello Damir -

Mike and I have discussed this issue at length over a long period of time,
and indeed the topic has also been discussed on the mailing list several
times as well.

Basically, it is our intention to extend Radiator to use multi-threading so
that each request runs in a separate thread, which we feel is the best
approach for dealing with all these sorts of problems (not just with AuthBy
RADIUS clauses).

The only reason that this has not been done yet is due to the fact that
although there is experimental support for multi-threading in Perl now, it is
specifically stated that it is not to be considered "production-quality" code.

This being the case, we have opted to wait until there is a solid
multi-threading release of Perl first before spending more time on it.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au