(RADIATOR) Overriding NAS

Rolando Riley rriley at ayayai.com
Wed Feb 13 12:59:00 CST 2002

Hi Hugh:

-Hello Rolando -

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:23, Rolando Riley wrote:
> Hi Hugh:
> 	I want to say that AuthBy DYNADDRESS work excellent so far for what I
need
> =)). Although I've got some doubts from my tests.
>
> 1) I noticed that when I ran radpwtst like the following:
>
> /usr/local/src/radius/radpwtst -user rriley -password
yo -framed_ip_address
> 168.77.14.2 -calling_station_id 2652424
>
> the STOP record doesn't delete the record from the RADPOOL table. That
is..
> it doesn't free the IP that was assigned to the user after it finished the
> session?

The IP address is being deleted, however it is the wrong address because you
have overridden the address being used on the radpwtst command line.

ie. -framed_ip_address 168.77.14.2 is what is being used

Yeah I sent the -framed_ip_address with radpwtest because our NAS will be
doing the same thing. When I check the user based on a REALM I would like to
override it with an IP from RADPOOL dynamically.

So how should I use rapwtest to check this ?

Have another look at the trace 4 debug to see what I mean.

> 2) I wish I could use <AuthBy LDAP2> instead of <AuthBy FILE>   to link a
> user to a pool =) . What attribute should I use in this case to make the
> same effect to get the PoolHint?

You can use an <AuthBy LDAP2> - you just need an additional reply attribute
as described in section 6.35 of the Radiator 2.19 reference manual.

Humm.. the extra attribute would be the pool something like this right?

AuthAttrDef	PoolAttr,PoolHint,check

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au