(RADIATOR) Overriding NAS

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Feb 11 17:26:13 CST 2002

Hello Rolando -

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:23, Rolando Riley wrote:
> Hi Hugh:
> 	I want to say that AuthBy DYNADDRESS work excellent so far for what I need
> =)). Although I've got some doubts from my tests.
>
> 1) I noticed that when I ran radpwtst like the following:
>
> /usr/local/src/radius/radpwtst -user rriley -password yo -framed_ip_address
> 168.77.14.2 -calling_station_id 2652424
>
> the STOP record doesn't delete the record from the RADPOOL table. That is..
> it doesn't free the IP that was assigned to the user after it finished the
> session?

The IP address is being deleted, however it is the wrong address because you
have overridden the address being used on the radpwtst command line.

ie. -framed_ip_address 168.77.14.2 is what is being used

Have another look at the trace 4 debug to see what I mean.

> 2) I wish I could use <AuthBy LDAP2> instead of <AuthBy FILE>   to link a
> user to a pool =) . What attribute should I use in this case to make the
> same effect to get the PoolHint?

You can use an <AuthBy LDAP2> - you just need an additional reply attribute
as described in section 6.35 of the Radiator 2.19 reference manual.

> 3) I believe the bellow  lines are in charge to send back to the NAS the
> NEW values of IP and mask for the user right?
>
> 		PoolHint %{Reply:PoolHint}
> 	        MapAttribute	yiaddr, Framed-IP-Address
> 		MapAttribute	subnetmask, Framed-IP-Netmask

Correct.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au