(RADIATOR) Content filtering

Rolando Riley rriley at ayayai.com
Tue Feb 5 07:45:20 CST 2002

Hi list:
	This is not probably a radius question although radius is involved as one
of the main elements. Our goal is make content filtering with a software
like ( smartfilter, websense or squidguard) under the following scenario.

1) A customer dials in to our ISP.
2) Our radius auths and accounts the user connection.
3) Our radius forward the user info to squid ( or any other Cache).
4) Squid verify the user policies for http requests against
SmartFilter .

5) If SmartFilter has any matching against the user it applies the filter.
    else it lets the user browse any site.

	Does anyone have an idea or an experience  on how to make this work?

	We basically want to do content filtering as a customer service.

best regards,

Ing. Rolando Riley
Administrador de Sistemas Unix
(Unix System Administrator)