(RADIATOR) Tracking AuthBy

mail.baysat.net admin at baysat.net
Thu Dec 26 14:50:16 CST 2002

Hi,
    I am currently using radiator as a central authentication server for numerous wireless hotspots and dialup networks.  Each hotspot can authenticate users from multiple networks so I have a series of AuthBy clauses for each Handler.  I need to keep track of what AuthBy clauses each user was authenticated by so I can get the accounting packets to the correct authentication server.  I am currently doing this by passing a value in a radius attribute that I check for in accounting handlers that supercede the authentication handlers.
I was hoping there would be a cleaner way of doing this.  I had though I may be able to use the session ID and the session database somehow but am not sure where to start.  Do you have any suggestions on this?

Thanks
Jonathon Lindbo