(RADIATOR) Re: (RADAR) RADAR without X

Dan Melomedman dan%dan.dan at devonit.com
Tue Dec 10 11:46:31 CST 2002

> StatsLog clause. And if you want a tool to restart Radiator
> automatically and let you know why it did so, you should use the
> "restartWrapper" utility provided in the goodies directory for this
> purpose. See the relevant sections of the Radiator 3.4 reference manual.

Another (very convenient) way to automatically restart Radiator is to
use daemontools. One more way is on systems which init supports it,
specify radiusd should be started on boot and restarted on exit in
/etc/inittab. Autorestart is important especially if you use ODBC since perl
process likes to segfault with some ODBC drivers (especially when an
idle connection is dropped by the ODBC server or a firewall).

This leads me to ask this question. Could any subscribed users comment
on Easysoft's OOB? We went from FreeTDS to OOB, and perl still segfaults
on dropped connections from the OOB server. Dropped connections should
result in graceful reconnects, not given up on with a segfault (note this
is not a Radiator issue, the DBD-ODBC, DBI, unixODBC, and OOB driver are
suspects  here. But where to start looking for the bug?).
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au