(RADIATOR) Re: (RADAR) RADAR without X

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Dec 9 15:51:56 CST 2002

Hello Eli -

Thanks for your note.

Radar is designed as a NOC monitoring/debug tool to be used
interactively on a screen (in fact Radar uses Tk for Perl which uses
the native graphics support on the host it is running on). Radar is not
designed as a statistics gathering tool, nor as a service management
tool.

If you want to collect statistics from Radiator, you should use the
StatsLog clause. And if you want a tool to restart Radiator
automatically and let you know why it did so, you should use the
"restartWrapper" utility provided in the goodies directory for this
purpose. See the relevant sections of the Radiator 3.4 reference manual.

I have copied this mail to Mike, as he may have some additional
comments.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au