(RADIATOR) handing out a static IP + netmask

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Dec 6 18:41:30 CST 2002

Hello Tony -

Thanks for sending the trace output.

The Access-Accept that is being sent from Radiator correctly contains
"Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.240", therefore the problem would
appear to be on the NAS not with Radiator.

You will need to do some debugging and/or configuration on the NAS.

In the meantime I would be interested in seeing a packet sniffer trace
of the ethernet packets from both the Livingston server and Radiator
(using tcpdump/snoop/ethereal/whatever). Perhaps the Livingston is
sending some additional and/or different attributes that we can
identify and add to your Radiator configuration.

BTW - the more usual way to configure multiple reply attributes is to
put them all in the REPLYATTR field, like this:

	Framed-IP-Address=192.168.1.177, Framed-IP-Netmask=255.255.255.240,

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au