(RADIATOR) Performance on SUN Solaris 2.6 with two CPUs

Looijestijn, Ronald RonaldL at nmc.kpn.net
Mon Dec 2 03:36:52 CST 2002

Hi all,

I have a question about the performance of radiator running on a Sun Solaris
2.6 system with two CPUs.

We are using radiator 2.19 as a proxy server. Within this configuration we
do not use any Sessiondatabase or SQL functionality.
We just proxy the accounting en authentication requests to other radius
servers.
The accounting and authentication requests are handled with seperate
processes. (two radiusd processes on the proxy server)

The proxy server has a maximum cpu usage of 56% during the day. (including
IO-wait, user and system time).
Now we are experiencing UdpInOverflows every day.

It seems that radiator can not take the full usage of the capacity of the
SUN server.

Can anyone explain this behavior ? How can we configure Radiator or Solaris
to use the full capacity of the two CPUs ?
Are there more people experiencing this probleem ?

Thanks.

Ronald

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au