(RADIATOR) Important Security Alert

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Sat Aug 24 19:26:34 CDT 2002

Hello,

This is an important security alert that affects all operators of Radiator 3.x
versions.

A Radiator operator has recently identified a security issue involving the
%Eval special character syntax and AuthBy SQL and AuthBy LDAP*.

This issue affects Radiator versions 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2.

There have been no reports of this issue being exploited, however we recommend
that all operators of Radiator version 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 download and install
a patched version of Util.pm as soon as possible.

We have uploaded a patched version of Util.pm that removes support for %Eval
to the Radiator web site. It is available to all current licensees at
http://www.open.com.au/radiator/downloads/patches-3.2/Util.pm

Current evaluators that require the patch should contact me directly.

Please contact the Radiator mailing list if you have any difficulty with
installing this patch.

A new version of Radiator will be release in the next day or two.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X etc etc

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au